Wednesday 4 March 2009

Epilogue

As and end to the blog, and an end to the trip, here is a sort of epilogue of the journey.

- Number of days travelled: 91
- Number of km travelled: 4010 km one way (more or less), and 6331 in total, only within Brazil!
- Number of "places" seen: 14 if one counts the main places and no excursions
- Number of long distance buses: 13 (it felt like more than that)
- Number of places stayed:18
- Number of countries been in: 2 ( the second one being Argentina for the waterfalls) technically 3 if one counts the country I letft
- Number of states been in: 7
- Number of hours spent on buses: 106 approximately
- Number of books read: 7 or 8
- Number of beaches seen: 14 more or less
- Number of bottles of insect repellent: 10 easily if not more!
- Number of new words learnt: over 50!!
- Favourite city: Rio and Salvador
- Favourite beach: Porto de Galinhas
- Favourite hostel: the one in Salvador, though the one in Pipa is a close second
- Favourite other: the place I stayed in in Santa Teresa was the best!!!
- Favourite person's house: Margaret's of course!
- Favourite "meet": so many to choose from! But I did love the Aussies, and Max of course (this doesn't mean all you others aren't special, of course you are !)
- Favourite travel buddy: Veronica of course. Goes without saying, she is my travel buddy, fellow carnival warrior, fellow house of horrors survivor, and many more.

Special mention to my Christmas family: thanks for showing me such a wonderful time over Christmas! Special thanks also to all the people who put me up in their houses: Margaret, Ana Maria, Capacete/Kelly, and Gilda. You were all fabulous and I really appreciate your help whilst I was out in Brazil, it really meant a lot to me and made my trip what it was.

Lastly, here is my map of my itinerary. Not very good but hopefully it will give you an idea

1 comment:

Backpacking Ninja said...

Hey.. thanks for leaving a comment on my blog... Loved your journey too.. looking thru your blog... I hope to head North east one day.. I spent way too much time inthe other cities... I need 6 months to just cover Salvador to belem... Hope to one day ;) And if you are ever in India, drop me a mail at aparnashekar@gmail.com